Information about the Academic Specialization programme
The attendants of the MSc Cybersecurity and Data Science that 1) are in the third semester of the current academic year, 2) are in the process of conducting their MSc thesis and 3) have recently graduated, have the opportunity to participate in the seminar entitled: «Business and Data Analytics» (“Academic Specialization”), that runs under the auspices of SAS and that will lead, after evaluation, to the award of a certificate and a relevant badge for the social media signed by SAS and the MSc Cybersecurity and Data Science.
The SAS Academic Specialization programme is highly recognized globally and runs for many years worldwide in cooperation with a large number of top ranked universities. You can see the full list of the universities that cooperate with SAS for relevant Academic Specializations by following the link below:
The attendance of the Academic Specialization program is optional. The tuition fess depend on the participation rate but they won’t exceed 500 euro per participant.
The duration of the prgramme is 39 hours. The lectures and the hands on sessions will take place at the premises of the University if Piraeus and at the same time will be broadcasted electronically so as participants to have the option to attend them via the MS Teams platform. The contents of the program are as follows:
- SAS Programming for accessing, managing and processing of Data Using SAS Studio on SAS Viya
- Visualization and reporting of data using SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya
- Use of SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning on SAS Viya for applying Data Mining/ Machine Learning techniques
- Applications of Machine Learning techniques in real world business applications such as Customer Response Models and Campaign Management, Market Basket Analysis and Customer Segmentation.
The students that will participate in the program will also have the following additional benefits:
- Free access to the SAS educational software: SAS Viya for Learners, SAS OnDemand for Academics
- Full educational material: course slides in pdf format, data sets for practicing the concepts discussed throughout the sessions, case studies and practical exercises, free access to the website entitled skills builder, containing course notes e – learning courses and other educational material.
- Option to participate in the professional SAS certification with title «SAS® Certified Specialist: Machine Learning Using SAS Viya 3.5» with a small extra cost.
The participants that will pass successfully the evaluation process (project related to the exploitation of real world data to aid an organization make business decisions, written exams and project presentation) will gain the following skills:
They will also be awarded the program’s certificate signed by SAS and the MSc Cybersecurity and Data Science and also a digital badge for the social media e.g. LinkedIn that is presented in the following link:
The cooperation with SAS is under the approval of the University of Piraeus.
For more information about the SAS Academic Specialization you can contact the secretariat of the MSc programme (Τ: 210-4142263, Email: email@example.com).